Puppy found in ditch with muzzle taped shut thanks the man who saved him

May 9, 2019 Pets

That night, a guy named Bob Hoelter did something different. He would always drive 2 miles to the local store, but not this time. It was as though something made him walk instead of getting in his car. He now calls that force “an act of divine intervention” and we do believe he’s quite right.

“I usually drive. That night I decided I needed some exercise,” Hoelter said.

On his way to the store there is a bridge he has to cross over. And it was exactly where he heard the noise that would change one life forever.

Griffith Animal Hospital

It was a sound of pain and despair and Hoelter knew something was terribly wrong. 

“I was looking at the water and the land, but I don’t see anything, but I hear it,” he said. “I walked back to land and I walked around and looked around.”

He wouldn’t just let the place before thoroughly examine every corner in hopes of locating the poor soul who was obviously in need of help. He even got on his hands and knees just to make sure he doesn’t miss the help seeker in case they were under the bridge. 

“I get my flashlight out because I always carry a flashlight with me,” Hoelter said. “I got to the bottom. I finally see him!”

There was a tiny puppy, scared and trembling. Its eyes were looking straight at Hoelter’s, as though they were begging him to lend a helping hand. As he reached for the puppy, the man was shocked by what he noticed. 

The pup’s muzzle was taped shut – wrapped tightly with electrical tape and it was heartbreaking to see. 

Griffith Animal Hospital

“I’m like, ‘Oh, sh*t,” Hoelter said.

The first thing that came to Holter’s mind was to get the dog to Griffith Animal Hospital. On the way there, he was only praying for it to be open. 

“I just threw him in my jacket, crawled back up and started hoofing it to the animal hospital,” he said.

This amazing man entered the hospital, holding the puppy in his arms, hoping it would get the much needed medical assistance. The hopsital manager, Lori Kovacich says she would never forget the sight. 

“I was out of my chair and in the lobby to get him in seconds,” Kovacich said.

Kovacich didn’t even ask Hoelter what was wrong with the dog or where he found it. She just took it in her hands and alarmed the vets of the emergency of the case. 

Mary Connors Witting

Hoelter felt relieved knowing the soul he saved was now in the safe hands of the doctors. He was certain they would do anything in their power to nurture the pup to health. 

What do you think?